Environmental Analytical Services - InnoTech Alberta
Canadians realize industrial by-products and waste have an impact on the environment and human health. These include air emissions, waste products in effluents, pesticides, and pharmaceuticals.
Accurate measurement of pollutant levels in air, water, soil, sediment and biota assists decision-makers and environmental management professionals to establish guidelines and management plans that ensure responsible development of our natural resources.
InnoTech Alberta’s Environmental Analytical Services team enables science-based, informed decisions through efficient and effective sample collection, analysis and data interpretation.
Please contact the lab for a full list of testing and pricing.
Affordable, scalable programs
Environmental Analytical Services (EAS) develops, executes and manages environmental sampling and analysis programs for organic and inorganic compounds.
We help public and private-sector clients develop comprehensive sampling and analysis programs that are affordable, easy to manage and scaled to address local regional or provincial situations.
- State-of-the-art facilities and equipment to ensure reliable reports based on the most accurate and efficient collection oand analytical procedures
- An ISO/IEC 17025:2005 compliant Laboratory Quality System accredited by the Canadian Association of Laboratory Accreditation (CALA)
- Environmental detection, fate and persistence of trace organic and inorganic compounds
EAS measures trace levels of organic compounds in environmental and industrial samples. Organic constituents are measure in water, air, soil, biological tissue, effluents and other matrices. Major scans offered include:
- Naphthenic acids
- Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon compounds (PAH)
- Alkylated PAH
- F1,2,3,4 Hydrocarbons
- Benzene, Toluene, Ethybenzene and Xylenes (BTEX)
- Trihalomethanes (THM)
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- Reduced Sulphur Compounds (RSC)
Metals, Inorganic, Gravimetric Analysis
EAS’ Metals, Inorganic and Gravimetric Analysis group is well positioned to analyzed air, aqueous or solid (including biota) samples for major ions, metals (including mercury) at macro, trace and ultra-trace levels. EAS’ state-of-the-art gravimetric analysis facility allows for the accurate determination of the amount of Particulate Matter (PM) captured on passive air-sampling filters. The metal and major ions content of the PM captured on filters is determined using Ion Chromatography (IC) and Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS).
Method Development and Customization
EAS has a team of PhD and MSc-level scientists supported by an experienced team of technologists who can customize and develop novel analysis methodologies to suit your specific needs. Typically, non-routine compounds and/or novel matrices are addressed. Representative examples include:
- Siloxanes in landfill gas, naphtha and other petroleum products
- Non-standard compounds in air and volatile emissions
- Metals in industrial catalysts and industrial products
- Pesticides in plant material
- Emerging contaminants