Water Management Details
Our experts conduct research, through fieldwork and laboratory testing, to understand the cycling, geochemistry, and ecosystem of water. We support client water management strategies by completing analyses that identify the source of water samples (e.g. precipitation, below ground, lakes, rivers).
By looking at isotope tracers, water chemistry, toxicology, and the organisms that are present in the water (microbes, fish, and other expected biota) we can determine if the water is healthy and sustainable and identify stressors to be addressed through regulatory changes and/or remediation measures.
Our Water Science & Management Capabilities
- Pharmaceuticals and trace organic compound measurement in water
- Invertebrate community analysis
- Fish health assessments
- Community-based monitoring program development
- Water quality assessment and cumulative effects analysis
- State of watershed assessments
- Wetland monitoring strategy development
- Contaminant behaviour and fate in groundwater and aquatic environments
- Water regulation and treatment guideline development